Social media provides a great tool to spread your charity and its goals, and can help you to reach the largest market possible for your goals. Social media can allow you to get directly in touch with your audience, and keep them up to date with everything that is happening. This is especially valuable for people who have donated to the charity, as it allows them to stay in touch with the charitable activities and see how their donations are helping. Social media is also great because it doesn’t require too much commitment from people. With a click of their button they can start helping, and gain an instant sense of satisfaction.
Although you’re running a not-for-profit organisation, you still need to treat your social media campaign the same way a normal company would. This means you need to keep up with the competitive tactics of normal companies, and harness the same strategies they use. Here’s some tips:
- Set clear targets for what you want to achieve
- Decide whether your main goal is to receive donations, expose the charity to the wider community, or recruit new volunteers and staff to the organisation
- Determine your target audience. Treat your audience as potential consumers who want to buy your product. Except instead of a product, they are helping people with donations.
- Determine which social media platform to focus on. Once you understand your target market, figure out which social media platform they are concentrated on, and focus your efforts there.
- Create a campaign schedule to help you keep track of your progress and work towards goals more efficiently
Help 4 Kids
Welcome to Help 4 Kids! We are an Australian charity aimed at providing much needed medical equipment to kids in need! Help 4 Kids is one of the leading charities in Brisbane, and we help the thousands of kids who desperately need medical aid and equipment. As with all charity organisations Australia has to offer, we rely on donations to fund our activities, and greatly appreciate the support we receive, and put the donations towards good use. Get in touch and support one of the leading Australian based charities today!