There are many ways to help raise funds for charity but hosting a fundraising event has proven to be the popular option among Australians. Hosting an event can bring public attention to the charity and, more importantly, awareness of the worthy cause the event is in aid of.
When running a fundraising event, planning is key. The work leading up to the day will ensure you have a successful event.
When hosting an event, you must:
- Outline your purpose – explain clearly what your aim is and who you wish to support.
- Pick the location – a public event can help increase publicity and networks.
- Set a monetary value – set a figure to focus your planning on achieving that goal.
- Ensure sum is achievable – leave room for unforeseen costs.
- Write up a budget – do not stray from your future expenses.
- Recruit volunteers – they are the driving force behind successful fundraising events.
- Appoint a leader – it is necessary to keep processes running smoothing.
- Identify your target audience – tailor your event to ensure the best outcome.
If your event is well planned, you will have done everything possible to ensure your event can raise the vital fund needed and, ultimately, help a charity fulfil its important mission to help people in need.
Our wonderful team at Help4Kids can help you get started with your fundraiser today. Contact us to speak to one of our helpful volunteers and find out how we can help you run your fantastic fundraising event.